When Henry Ford created the first Model T automobile, he was asked about the input he received from other people. His answer was…’If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.’ The car like refrigeration, antibiotics, the computer and the smart phone changed the way our society works. People weren’t prepared for the change, but change happened anyway. Like the many people who continued to ride horses as a means of transportation, it’s not wrong but ultimately you’ll find that others are passing you by.
One of today’s automobiles is the smart phone. Most of us have a smart phone, but we don’t use it to its full advantage. Here are some uses for your smart phone that will help to keep others from passing you by. You can…
- Review the daily enrollment breakdown when your director sends it to you.
- Check on your parent connections on any of the social media platforms you use for your company.
- Check and answer your email.
- Text with your directors and other employees.
- Surf the internet to find answers you need during the rush of your day.
- Take pictures of things that need to be done and send them to the people who need to do get them done.
- Make notes for yourself so your checklists are always with you…also saves on rewriting lists that are reused.
- Review and update your calendar.
- Access your bank accounts.
- Use these devices to have live conversations with other people while not being tethered to a land line.
All of these items can help you to move through your day faster and more productively. The car door is open…
As always, we hope you find the information helpful.
Listen to an enhanced audio version of this article below...
BFS® is the Largest Non-Governmental Provider of FREE Resources to the Early Education Industry. If you have questions on a topic, watch a quick video by going to our YouTube Channel or access information by clicking on the Instant Q & A tab at the top of this page.
Our new book How 1000s of Childcare Centers and Schools Are Making Millions is now available in hardback, Kindle, and Nook so you and your directors can reference the information whenever and wherever you need it. Click Here to order your copy today. *100% of Profits From Book Sales Go To Children's Charities.
(Legal Disclaimer: Always consult the proper professionals before taking action. By and before the use of the information provided herein, reader agrees that BFS® is not responsible for viewer’s actions related to said information.)