Selling Your Early Education Company
Early Education Company Divestitures
Childcare companies, preschools, Montessori, special needs, and private schools are the only type of company sold by BFS®. We work with several hundred profiled and pre-qualified buyers as well as approximately 100,000 industry specific potential buyers to be pre-qualified when they express interest in our clients' companies. Additionally, we secure financing for buyers. Therefore, we can ensure that our clients receive cash at closing. Once we meet with you - our client, and understand your company and your requirements, we will work closely with you to sell your company to a suitable buyer.
To help alleviate some of the confusion typically associated with selling an early education company, we have outlined our process below.
1. No Cost / No Obligation Minimum Value Estimate--We will gladly provide you with a minimum value estimate of the worth of your company before you sign any agreement with us. Call us with your most recent tax return in-hand, and we will provide you with a worst-case-scenario estimate of your company's market value in approximately 20 minutes.
2. Finder's / Consulting Fee Agreement ("F/CFA")--We receive your signed and dated F/CFA.
3. Evaluation -- Upon receipt of your FCFA, we will meet you at your company for the evaluation. Our discretion will ensure that your staff will not know the reason for our visit. The evaluation process serves the following purposes:
4. Preparation / Introduction / Discretion--Once we have received the information we need from you, it will take up to 10 days to prepare a comprehensive sales portfolio for your company. Immediately thereafter we will begin introducing your company to select buyers. No information will be released to any buyer until they have signed a Non-Disclosure Agreement and been approved by you; thereby ensuring the privacy and discretion necessary to sell your childcare company or school safely. All buyers are pre-qualified.
5. Negotiation--We will have a thorough understanding of your company and your requirements. We will be particularly effective in the negotiation phase of the process. We will work closely with you, your attorney and your accountant to ensure you receive as much money as possible for your company. You are the only one who decides if an offer is acceptable or not. Additionally, BFS® routinely secures 85% to 90% financing for buyers allowing you to receive cash at closing.
6. Transition--We will guide you through the transition step. It is vitally important that your employees and parents learn of the change in ownership in a controlled environment. We will help you organize your announcement meeting, and we will provide you with the template letters designed to make the sale and transition of your company as comfortable as possible for your staff and parents.
7. Closing--Lastly, we will prepare you for closing day. Whether there is a formal meeting to sign the documents or money is simply wired into your account, we will make sure that nothing is overlooked.
Professional Brokers - Click Here.