We spend a lot of time focused on improving our centers and schools. You have to be driven to be successful in this industry. Whether it’s daycare, childcare, preschools, Montessori or private elementary, when you do it right, the impact you create is probably much bigger than you know. Here are some things you should know about your centers and schools.
- The HighScope Perry Preschool Experiment randomly assigned more than 100 low income, at-risk students to either a two year pre-school program or a control group. The students’ lives were reviewed from age three to age 50.
- Forty-four percent more students graduated high school when they were included in the two-year preschool program.
- Graduates of the two year preschool program had income levels that were 36% higher than those who didn’t get to attend the program.
- When we are young children, our collective knowledge is much smaller so adding the ability to learn makes a greater impact.
- High-quality early education programs have a positive impact for all racial and economic groups across the country. “Impact” means that we’re more likely to have better jobs, be responsible citizens, raise good kids and stay out of prison.
- There are people who wake up every day and live a life that is far better than the one they should be living. They probably don’t know that their life changed because someone like you had the drive make it possible.
Whether you see yourself as an educator in a business world or a business person selling education, you’re providing the best product on planet Earth. Everything…or nothing changes based on education.
Best to you….
Brad Barnett, President BFS®
Our new book How 1000s of Childcare Centers and Schools Are Making Millions is now available in hardback, Kindle, and Nook so you and your directors can reference the information whenever and wherever you need it. Click Here to order your copy today.
(Legal Disclaimer: Always consult the proper professionals before taking action. By and before the use of the information provided herein, reader agrees that BFS® is not responsible for viewer’s actions related to said information.)